Minst likte karakter?

Diskuter nyheter, rykter og annet som er WoT relatert

Moderators: Lothair Mantelar, Sauegjeteren

Coorlino
Sauegjeter
Sauegjeter

Post by Coorlino »

Wolfbrother wrote:Aram.... Jeg liker tanken om en tenker med et sverd. Det jeg har lest av han har vært bra. Jeg liker ikke Galad. Digger når mat banker Galad, pg Gawyn.

når skjedde dette?
Wolfbrother
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Wolfbrother »

Coorlino wrote:
Wolfbrother wrote:Aram.... Jeg liker tanken om en tenker med et sverd. Det jeg har lest av han har vært bra. Jeg liker ikke Galad. Digger når mat banker Galad, pg Gawyn.

når skjedde dette?
Når var det Mat vant over Galad og Gawyn? Var i Tar Valon i enten tgh, tdr eller tsr.
For once you have tasted flight you will
walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward;
for there you have been,
and there you long to return.
Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Post by Terje »

TDR, kapittel 24, Scouting and Discoveries:
“I will wager,” he said, “two silver marks to two from each of you that I can beat both of you at once, just the way I said. You can’t have fairer odds than that. There are two of you, and one of me, so two to one are fair odds.” He almost laughed aloud at the consternation on their faces.

“Mat,” Gawyn said, “there’s no need to make wagers. You have been sick. Perhaps we will try this some time when you are stronger.”

“It would be far from a fair wager,” Galad said. “I’ll not take your wager, now or later. You are from the same village as Egwene, are you not? I . . . I would not have her angry with me.”

“What does she have to do with it? Thump me once with one of your swords, and I will hand over a silver mark to each of you. If I thump you till you quit, you give me two each. Don’t you think you can do it?”

“This is ridiculous,” Galad said. “You would have no chance against one trained swordsman, let alone two. I’ll not take such advantage.”

“Do you think that?” asked a gravel voice. The blocky Warder joined them, thick black eyebrows pulled down in a scowl. “You think you two are good enough with your swords to take a boy with a stick?”

“It would not be fair, Hammar Gaidin,” Galad said.

“He has been sick,” Gawyn added. “There is no need for this.”

“To the yard,” Hammar grated with a jerk of his head back over his shoulder. Galad and Gawyn gave Mat regretful looks, then obeyed. The Warder eyed Mat up and down doubtfully. “Are you sure you’re up to this, lad? Now I take a close look at you, you ought to be in a sickbed.”

“I am already out of one,” Mat said, “and I’m up to it. I have to be. I don’t want to lose my two marks.”

Hammar’s heavy brows rose in surprise. “You mean to hold to that wager, lad?”

“I need the money.” Mat laughed.

His laughter cut off abruptly as he turned toward the nearest stand that held quarterstaffs and his knees almost buckled. He stiffened them so quickly he thought anyone who noticed would think he had just stumbled. At the stand he took his time choosing out a staff, nearly two inches thick and almost a foot taller than he was. I have to win this. I opened my fool mouth, and now I have to win. I can’t afford to lose those two marks. Without those to build on, it will take forever to win the money I need.

When he turned back, the quarterstaff in both hands before him, Gawyn and Galad were already waiting out where they had been practicing. I have to win. “Luck,” he muttered. “Time to toss the dice.”

Hammar gave him an odd look. “You speak the Old Tongue, lad?”

Mat stared back at him for a moment, not speaking. He felt cold to the bone. With an effort, he made his feet start out onto the practice yard. “Remember the wager,” he said loudly. “Two silver marks from each of you against two from me.”

A buzz rose from the Accepted as they realized what was happening. The Aes Sedai watched in silence. Disapproving silence.

Gawyn and Galad split apart, one to either side of him, keeping their distance, neither with his sword more than half-raised.

“No wager,” Gawyn said. “There’s no wager.”

At the same time, Galad said, “I’ll not take your money like this.”

“I mean to take yours,” Mat said.

“Done!” Hammar roared. “If they have not the nerve to cover your wager, lad, I’ll pay the score myself.”

“Very well,” Gawyn said. “If you insist on it—done!”

Galad hesitated a moment more before growling, “Done, then. Let us put an end to this farce.”

The moment’s warning was all Mat needed. As Galad rushed at him, he slid his hands along the quarterstaff and pivoted. The end of the staff thudded into the tall man’s ribs, bringing a grunt and a stumble. Mat let the staff bounce off Galad and spun, carrying it on around just as Gawyn came within range. The staff dipped, darted under Gawyn’s practice sword, and clipped his ankle out from under him. As Gawyn fell, Mat completed the spin in time to catch Galad across his upraised wrist, sending his practice sword flying. As if his wrist did not pain him at all, Galad threw himself into a smooth, rolling dive and came up with his sword in both hands.

Ignoring him for the moment, Mat half turned, twisting his wrists to whip the length of the staff back beside him. Gawyn, just starting to rise, took the blow on the side of his head with a loud thump only partly softened by the padding of hair. He went down in a heap.

Mat was only vaguely aware of an Aes Sedai rushing out to tend Elayne’s fallen brother. I hope he’s all right. He should be. I’ve hit myself harder than that falling off a fence. He still had Galad to deal with, and from the way Galad was poised on the balls of his feet, sword raised precisely, he had begun to take Mat seriously.

Mat’s legs chose that moment to tremble. Light, I can’t weaken now. But he could feel it creeping back in, the wobbly feeling, the hunger as if he had not eaten for days. If I wait for him to come to me, I’ll fall on my face. It was hard to keep his knees straight as he started forward. Luck, stay with me.

From the first blow, he knew that luck, or skill, or whatever had brought him this far, was still there. Galad managed to turn that one with a sharp clack, and the next, and the next, and the next, but strain stiffened his face. That smooth swordsman, almost as good as the Warders, fought with every ounce of his skill to keep Mat’s staff from him. He did not attack; it was all he could do to defend. He moved continually to the side, trying not to be forced back, and Mat pressed him, staff a blur. And Galad stepped back, stepped back again, wooden blade a thin shield against the quarterstaff.

Hunger gnawed at Mat as if he had swallowed weasels. Sweat rolled down into his eyes, and his strength began to fade as if it leached out with the sweat. Not yet. I can’t fall yet. I have to win. Now. With a roar, he threw all his reserves into one last surge.

The quarterstaff flickered past Galad’s sword and in quick succession struck knee, wrist, and ribs and finally thrust into Galad’s stomach like a spear. With a groan, Galad folded over, fighting not to fall. The staff quivered in Mat’s hands, on the point of a final crushing thrust to the throat. Galad sank to the ground.

Mat almost dropped the quarterstaff when he realized what he had been about to do. Win, not kill. Light, what was I thinking? Reflexively he grounded the butt of the staff, and as soon he did, he had to clutch at it to hold himself erect. Hunger hollowed him like a knife reaming marrow from a bone. Suddenly he realized that not only the Aes Sedai and Accepted were watching. All practice, all learning, had stopped. Warders and students alike stood watching him.

Hammar moved to stand beside Galad, still groaning on the ground and trying to push himself up. The Warder raised his voice to shout, “Who was the greatest blademaster of all time?”

From the throats of dozens of students came a massed bellow. “Jearom, Gaidin!”

“Yes!” Hammar shouted, turning to make sure all heard. “During his lifetime, Jearom fought over ten thousand times, in battle and single combat. He was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff. Remember that. Remember what you just saw.” He lowered his eyes to Galad, and lowered his voice as well. “If you cannot get up by now, lad, it is finished.” He raised a hand, and the Aes Sedai and Accepted rushed to surround Galad.
;)
"Vivo equidem vitamque extrema per omnia duco!"
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
Kjetil
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Kjetil »

Oi, det må være slitsomt å skrive alt det der gitt.
Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Post by Terje »

Ja, det tok meg nesten en time. Man hva gjør man ikke for Forumet, eh? ;)
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
Shallis
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Shallis »

Du har ikke skrevet alt det der :O
"Det er en usynlig homse på ryggen til Terje!"
Wolfbrother
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Wolfbrother »

Han hadde vel skrevet det fra før skulle jeg tenke meg. Ettersom at ellers ville den timen vært på ti min.

Eller skrev du virkelig det? Nå ble jeg usikker. Uansett om du skrev det så var det ikke da.
Last edited by Wolfbrother on Sun Sep 24, 2006 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
For once you have tasted flight you will
walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward;
for there you have been,
and there you long to return.
Shallis
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Shallis »

Jeg håper det, for når han ikke gidder å argumentere for meningene sine, fremfor å se på "Buffy" så skjønner jeg ikke hvorfor han skulle gidde å skrive alt det der :P
"Det er en usynlig homse på ryggen til Terje!"
Kjetil
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Kjetil »

For å bevise at det går ann å ha så lite å gjøre, bestemte jeg meg for å skrive resten.
Mat slid down the staff to his knees. None of the Aes Sedai even glanced his way. One of the Accepted did, a plump girl he might have liked to ask for a dance if she were not going to be an Aes Sedai. She frowned at him, sniffed, and turned back to peering at what the Aes Sedai were doing around Galad.

Gawyn was on his feet, Mat noted with relief. He pulled himself up as Gawyn came over. Mustn’t let them know. I’ll never get out of here if they decide to nurse me from sunup to sunup. Blood darkened the red-gold hair on the side of Gawyn’s head, but there was neither cut nor bruise apparent.

He pushed two silver marks into Mat’s hand with a dry, “I think I will listen next time.” He noticed Mat’s glance, touched his head. “They Healed it, but it was not bad. Elayne has given me worse more than once. You are good with that.”

“Not as good as my da. He’s won the quarterstaff at Bel Tine every year as long as I can remember, except once or twice when Rand’s da did.” That interested look came back into Gawyn’s eyes, and Mat wished he had never mentioned Tam al’Thor. The Aes Sedai and the Accepted were all still clustered around Galad. “I . . . I must have hurt him badly. I did not mean to do that.”

Gawyn glanced that way—there was nothing to be seen but two rings of women’s backs, Accepted’s white dresses making the outer ring as they peered over the shoulders of crouching Aes Sedai—and laughed. “You did not kill him—I heard him groaning—so he should be on his feet by now, but they are not going to let this chance pass, now they have their hands on him. Light, four of them are Green Ajah!” Mat gave him a confused look—Green Ajah? What does that have to do with anything?—and Gawyn shook his head. “It doesn’t matter. Just rest assured that the worst Galad has to worry about is finding himself Warder to a Green Aes Sedai before his head clears.” He laughed. “No, they would not do that. But I will wager you those two marks of mine in your hand that some of them wish they could.”

“Not your marks,” Mat said, shoving them in his coat pocket, “mine.” The explanation had made little sense to him. Except that Galad was well. All he knew of what passed between Warders and Aes Sedai were the pieces he remembered of Lan and Moiraine, and there was nothing there like what Gawyn seemed to be suggesting. “Do you think they’d mind if I collected my wager from him?”

“They very likely would,” Hammar said dryly as he joined them. “You are not very popular with those particular Aes Sedai right now.” He snorted. “You’d think even Green Aes Sedai would be better than girls just loose from their mother’s apron strings. He isn’t that good-looking.”

“He is not,” Mat agreed.

Gawyn grinned at both of them, until Hammar glared at him. “Here,” the Warder said, pushing two more silver coins into Mat’s hand. “I will collect from Galad later. Where are you from, lad?”

“Manetheren.” Mat froze when he heard the name come out of his mouth. “I mean, I’m from the Two Rivers. I have heard too many old stories.” They just looked at him without saying anything. “I . . . I think I will go back and see if I can find something to eat.” Not even the Midmorning bell had rung yet, but they nodded as if it made sense.

He kept the quarterstaff—no one had told him to put it back—and walked slowly until the trees hid him from the practice yard. When they did, he leaned on the staff as though it were the only thing holding him up. He was not sure it was not.

He thought that if he parted his coat, he would see a hole where his stomach should have been, a hole growing larger as it pulled the rest of him in. But he hardly thought of hunger. He kept hearing voices in his head. You speak the Old Tongue, lad? Manetheren. It made him shiver. Light help me, I keep digging myself deeper. I have to get out of here. But how? He hobbled back toward the Tower proper like an old, old man. How?
Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Post by Terje »

Dudes, det er ikke bare musikk og filmer på TPB, vet dere. :P
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
Aldieb
Soldat
Soldat

Post by Aldieb »

Liste over forhatte personer;

Mazrim Taim
De fortapte
Elaida
Padan Fain
Mørkefrender generelt
Shaidoene (spess Sevannah)

XD Selv om jeg hater dem, så er de gode :)
Rodel Ituralde
Hengiven
Hengiven

Post by Rodel Ituralde »

Hater de fleste som heter trakand egentlig.
Ikke spør hvorfor :x

Hvorfor hater du foresten de fortapte? Demandred må jo være en av det mest interesante personene i serien!:D Elsker Demandred!! :P
There is some delight in ale and wine
And some in girls with ankles fine
But my delight, yes always mine
Is to dance with Jak O’ the Shadows
Aldieb
Soldat
Soldat

Post by Aldieb »

Det å hate dem betyr ikke at jeg vil ha de ut av serien, intresang? Hvet jo ikke engang hvor han er hen...
Rodel Ituralde
Hengiven
Hengiven

Post by Rodel Ituralde »

Akkurat.. Han er til og med smart...
There is some delight in ale and wine
And some in girls with ankles fine
But my delight, yes always mine
Is to dance with Jak O’ the Shadows
Merrilin
Hengiven
Hengiven

Post by Merrilin »

Jeg hater faktisk Elayne og Nynaeve. Klarer rett og slett ikke den evinnelige sutringen dems.
Jeg digger Taim, pga at karakteren hans er så mystisk, likens med Demandred, men herregud som jeg hater dem likevel.
Faile, Aram, Masema og Elaida er heller ingen favoritter.