Nei
69%
Kanskje
19%

Total votes: 16

davram bashere
Sitter
Sitter
Location: Tellus, tredje planet fra sola. Ja, den forrurensa søppeldynga. Du vet hvor det er? Flott!

WoT fanart konkuranse

Post by davram bashere »

Surfet litt på dragonmount.com da jeg fant dette på RJs blogg:
Hi, guys. Sorry this isn’t the usual health update, but I’ll get to that in another post shortly. A few days, but no more, I promise. This is about something else completely. In fact, it was inspired by a comment someone posted on the blog. I liked the idea and took it to my agent and my publisher. They like it, too.

We are going to run a contest to find the 15 best pieces of fan artwork out there. I know there is some really professional quality work because I have seen it. Submit your work to Jason Denzel ( those who read a version of this announcement on a few other sites will see somebody else to submit to; dinna fash yourself. That means don’t worry about it.). Jason and a few other webmasters will act are first judges as to which pieces to send on to me for final judging. The winning pieces will be gathered into a calendar, and here comes the important part. The normal royalties this calendar will earn, along part of the profits, will be donated to Amyloidosis Research at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. They are really home base for that in this country, quite aside from keeping me alive this far. Now that means that by submitting and having a piece chosen to send on to me, you will be signing away future publication rights for that piece. Winners will get a copy of the calendar, of course, with my autograph and a note of acknowledgement on the page containing your artwork. For monetary rewards, you’ll have to hope that some publisher sees and likes your work well enough to offer you a commission. Publishers are always on the lookout for new artists. Otherwise you must settle for the glory, such as it is, of being published in the calendar. Style doesn’t matter in this. Manga, hyper-realism, current cover-art. Whatever. Anything and everything is acceptable as a possibility. It will be the quality that counts, not the style. If you want to try it the way you think Rembrandt would have done it, go for it. Though I have a hard time picturing that. Rand as a member of “The Night Watch?” Well, maybe. Try whatever you like. I hope to keep this contest running year after year for a number of years. Possibly, in a few years, there will be enough winners to collect as an art book, perhaps fleshed out with a few artists who didn’t quite make the cut in their particular year. So go for it, guys. Let the farce be with you. Oh. Sorry. That’s another series, isn’t it?

Take care, everybody.

Back to you, soon.

RJ

Håper at det er mange herifra som deltar. Hadde vært kult med en norsk vinner 8).
Mia ayende, Moderator! Caballein misain ye! Inde muaghde Moderator misain ye! Mia ayende!
stefan_hoy
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by stefan_hoy »

Det skal vel jævlig mye til? Lykke til uansett, optimister.
..ellers kan De kalle meg Hoy.
Moiraine Sedai
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Moiraine Sedai »

Det er bra at han lager en slik konkurranse. Det er jo som han sier, veldig mye bra der ute. Jeg blir så imponert over alle de dyktige kunstnerne! Uansett hvem som vinner, er det fortjent. Jeg har ikke en sjangs, da.
. . .
Eivind
Ta’veren
Ta’veren

Post by Eivind »

Husk at uten å delta, så vinner man heller ikke ;)
Siri Sedai
Den Eldste
Den Eldste

Post by Siri Sedai »

Dette var en kjempeide.

Kanskje jeg sender inn "Callandor", men bildet er egentlig ikke ferdig så jeg synes ikke det er godt nok. Har noen andre og mer abstrakte og med litt "kunstneriske friheter", men de skal på utstilling snart. Kanskje jeg sender inn. Får lese reglene når de kommer.
Synes Moiraine Sedai skal sende inn avatartegninga. Den e kul.

Uansett blir det moro å se vinnerbildene.